[Samba] Azure AD Connect and the challenge of funding Samba bugs

lists lists at merit.unu.edu
Tue Oct 27 10:14:44 UTC 2020

Hi Andrew,

Op 26-10-2020 om 22:24 schreef Andrew Bartlett:
> Furthermore, it seems to have been quite difficult to get good
> diagnostic logs of the issue - both on Samba's bugzilla and when
> speaking with potential commercial customers, I've never actually seen
> a clear set of logs!

For us, the problem was/is that it was difficult to get clean "Azure AD
connect"-only (not polluted) level 10 logs from a production AD DC.

Things are buzy here, but I have the intention to setup a specific test
AD on latest samba, log level 10, reproduce the high-CPU usage and get
you the resulting logs. (and/or attach them to the ticket) Perhaps that
will tell us that there *are* some quick wins after all.

Thanks for your explanation. Your work (your team, that of sernet,
Louis, Rowland, and many MANY more that help out here regularly) is
*very* much valued and appreciated.

MJ