[Samba] new dc does not allow login..?

Joachim Lindenberg samba at lindenberg.one
Mon Oct 26 15:33:39 UTC 2020

Hi Rowland,
sorry - I am always unsure whether it makes sense to send intermediate discussion to the full list, especially when it is likely to result in more questions than answers - imho this is noise not relevant to all. I´d be happy to summarize the solution afterwards if deemed interesting to others.
I downloaded sources to get to the scripts and located them, but usage is not really clear to me. I tried
./chgtdcpass -U 'COBRA' --password=adummy
Without any error message, but dsa does not show any update to pwdlastset or whenchanged. Also tried specifying the working DC via --ipaddress=
What am I missing?
Thanks, Joachim