[Samba] CTDB Question: external locking tool

Robert Buck robert.buck at som.com
Mon Oct 26 00:44:07 UTC 2020

Folks,

We use a Golang-based lock tool that we wrote for CTDB. That tool interacts
with our 3.4 etcd cluster, and follows the requirements specified in the
project.

Question, does the external command line tool get called when LMASTER and
RECMASTER are false? Given a scenario where we have a set of processes that
have it set to false, then others that have it set to true, does the
locking tool get called when they're set to false?

IF you say the lock tool still gets called in both cases, then the docs
need to be updated, and we on our end need to add a special config file
option to reject lock acquisitions from those nodes that have the CTDB
options set to false, permitting only those nodes set to true to acquire
etcd locks.

Please advise?, Martin?

--

BOB BUCK