[Samba] NetBios at AD DC mode ?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Oct 22 20:39:55 UTC 2020

On 22/10/2020 21:26, CpServiceSPb via samba wrote:
> For the time there is only some portion of NetBios part code implemented at
> v4 part.
> But not all necessary to get NetBios fully working.
>
> For getting full NetBios support at AD DC mode of Samba is code porting
> from appropriate v3 part only enough or some deeper code redesign is
> necessary ?

Why on earth would you want netbios on an AD DC ????

Active Directory was created to replace netbios. Netbios relies on SMBv1
and this is in the process of being removed, so I would think that
rather than porting the V3 netbios code to V4, it is more likely that,
ultimately, the netbios code will be removed from V3.

Rowland