[Samba] new dc does not allow login..?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Oct 22 19:59:59 UTC 2020

On 22/10/2020 20:52, Joachim Lindenberg wrote:
> Boa is the other DC. There was a rule that DCs should use another DC, but I think the arguments behind that deteriorated over time..
I think you are referring to 'islanding', but this doesn't occur and I
am not sure it ever did.
> samba-tool drs showrepl reports errros w/o the change to smb.conf

Then make the change. It may be that various dns records do not exist
and samba-dnsupdate needs to create them

I also think you may have to copy 'dns.keytab' from
/var/lib/samba/private/ to /var/lib/samba/binddns/

Rowland