[Samba] 32bit DC for 64bit machines?

Dan Egli dan at newideatest.site
Thu Oct 22 18:42:02 UTC 2020

Question,

    Since a samba DC's main purpose is simply user authentication, is
there any kind of problem with having a 32bit DC managing things for a
64bit domain? I need to share files and printers on the domain I'm
setting up, and I've read all the warnings about having a separate DC
vs. file/print server. I know that people say you can use a virtual
machine as a separate server and that's an option, but I also have an
ancient 32bit laptop sitting unused in my storage room. I was wondering
if it would work to just build a simple 32bit samba on there and use it
as the DC.

Any tips are appreciated.

--
Dan Egli