[Samba] Azure AD Connect and replication issues

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Wed Oct 21 19:16:50 UTC 2020

Hi Michal,

Seems we are doing similar things at the moment: getting samba to work
with azure AD.

We also see the high CPU usage on the DC that the Azure AD Connect
server connected to. Between 70 - 100 percent in our case.

We are not seeing any replication issues after azure AD Connect, and I
have a script that automatically checks replication every few minutes.

I was the one reporting the highwatermark back in 2017, but we're not
getting those now. Between 2017 and now, we stopped testing azure, and I
took it up again only last week.

On the samba DC side, we observe that samba is very buzy talking to the
Azure AD Connect machine, even though we filter sync using one group
containing only three members, and none of them are actually changing.
(this is just for testing now) How many users are you syncing?

Are you using pass-through authentication, or syncing password hashes?
And is what you chose working for you, authentication-wise?

Regards,
MJ