[Samba] Samba AD with multiple DC and multiple NICs

Christian Naumer cn at brain-biotech.de
Tue Oct 20 18:56:10 UTC 2020

Am 20.10.20 um 19:36 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:
> On 20/10/2020 17:46, Stefano Vargiu wrote:
>> Sorry, I don't get it.
>>
>> You mean a domain member as opposed to a domain controller?
>> In which way is it going to help?
>>
> You should really only use a Samba AD DC for authentication, so the best
> idea would be to add a Unix domain member to the domain and install
> openvpn or freeradius or some other program that will do what you
> require. This is know to work and I am sure, if you do decide to go down
> this path, that you will get help here.

I don't think this is what the OP wanted to do. He wanted to connect two
DCs in two different offices with a VPN.

However, the way he wanted to do it (Rowland is absolutely correct here)
is not possible in AD. As he has used the same subnets on the the two
sites if I understand this correctly.
You need two different subnets at your two sites. You router/firewall
needs to connect the two sites and route the traffic from one two the
other DC. They need to have different IPs.

REgards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Unit Head Bioprocess Development

B.R.A.I.N Aktiengesellschaft
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.com, homepage www.brain-biotech.com
fon +49-6251-9331-30  /   fax +49-6251-9331-11

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender),
Lukas Linnig
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen