[Samba] SAMBA 4 "username" parameter

Fernando Gonçalves fernandolmg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 14:36:52 UTC 2020

The "valid users" parameter already existed in version 3 of the SAMBA and
indicated which users were allowed to access the share.

The "username" parameter indicated which user should be used when it was
not defined at the time of mapping.
SMB.CONF

[folder]
username = userX
valid users = userX, userY, ...

To map the "folder" share, only the following line was needed:

net use  \\samba-server\folder userX_password