[Samba] SAMBA 4 "username" parameter

Fernando Gonçalves fernandolmg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 14:10:43 UTC 2020

I'm sorry, but since I'm a SAMBA / Linux developer, I don't know how to
answer your questions.
What I can say is that before SAMBA (stand alone) was used in version
3.6.6, where the "username" option was used in the sharing settings.
For example:
SMB.CONF
[folder]
path = ...
username = userX

Thus, the following line was passed in a DOS script:

net use x: \\samba-server\folder <password>

This way the mapping took place using the user that was defined in the
parameter "username" (userX).

But now in version 4 (member of an AD domain) this parameter is not
accepted.