[Samba] Lookup sid with libsmbclient (invoked from c# on mono)

Aurélien Aptel aaptel at suse.com
Mon Oct 19 10:13:46 UTC 2020

Vincent Le Toux <vincent.letoux at gmail.com> writes:
> Let me share it with you in case somebody will have the same need that me.

Great, thanks!

I don't know C# DSL magic to call native code but when I see
"CharSet.Ansi" it makes me think you might have some issues with
non-english languages, e.g. for user names or credentials.

Regarding licensing, it seems to me that by linking to Samba GPL libs
you are creating derivated work which would require the final software
to also be released under the GPL. But I Am Not A Lawyer as they say, so
maybe seek clarifications on that.

Cheers,
--
Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team
GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97  8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3