[Samba] Samba does not work after upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04.1

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Mon Oct 19 07:34:35 UTC 2020

Good day Andrew,

There is more going on here. I just havent figured out yet what.

I've now seen 4 server upgrades going wrong now. (including one of my own).
This involved complile from source and packages versions.

I suspect something in the dns, i om short line with Rowland on this.

Currently i dont recommend upgrades to 4.13.0
A clean installs look fine.

My question to you, are there bigger changes done in the background what we
dont see.
Like upgrades/acl changes in the dns part.

Which might explain a timeout on starting samba while its still in upgrade.

So far,

Greetz,

Louis