[Samba] samba start issues after classic upgrade

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 22:14:00 UTC 2020

Also attempting to add a Windows 10 system to the domain results in:
===========================
DNS was successfully queried for the service location (SRV) resource
record used to locate a domain controller for domain "my.example.com":

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.my.example.com

The following domain controllers were identified by the query:
maxwell.my.example.com

However no domain controllers could be contacted.

Common causes of this error include:

- Host (A) or (AAAA) records that map the names of the domain
controllers to their IP addresses are missing or contain incorrect
addresses.

- Domain controllers registered in DNS are not connected to the
network or are not running.