[Samba] "unable to move extended attributes and ACL" when using mv from macOS with fruit

Andrew Berry andrew at furrypaws.ca
Sun Oct 18 21:12:32 UTC 2020

On 18 Oct 2020, at 17:02, Rowland penny via samba wrote:

> So, you have a share that only the guest user (nobody) can access and
> any files created belong to ubuntu:ubuntu and you wonder why you
> cannot change anything ?

I'm not having any trouble with user mapping, which was just set up to
to simplify this test. Files are properly created as ubuntu:ubuntu, and
those created by the Finder and cp work fine. It's just the mv command
that's failing. I have the same problem on my normal shares with regular
Unix users.

Thanks,
--Andrew