[Samba] azure ad provisioning | password hashes sync

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Thu Oct 15 10:19:18 UTC 2020

Hi,

Reading the microsoft troubleshooting guide, it seems that password hash
sync issues can be caused by:

> The Active Directory account used by Azure AD Connect to communicate
> with on-premises Active Directory is not granted Replicate Directory
> Changes and Replicate Directory Changes All permissions, which are
> required for password synchronization.

How to verify existance or grant those permissions in samba?

Microsoft says
(https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/303972/how-to-grant-the-replicating-directory-changes-permission-for-the-micr)
to use "Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in", but we are not
using those tools to manage our samba AD.

MJ