[Samba] Performance regression of Windows clients?

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Thu Oct 15 07:46:53 UTC 2020

Am 10/15/20 um 9:30 AM schrieb Giuseppe Lo Presti via samba:
> Anyone knowing what happened at the time within samba-technical (if it
> can be disclosed)?

iirc I tried to look into this offlist with the OP and actually spent
considerable time back then trying to reproduce the issue, but couldn't.

I can't find the whole thread in my mail archives, only some of my

Generally, Windows Explorer in combination with WIndows kernel SMB VFS
is quite good at not generating excessive SMB traffic, so I'm a bit
surprised about that pattern you're describing.

I don't have the spare time to look into your problem, sorry. If you
have the options, you may want to consider using dedicated support:

<https://www.samba.org/samba/support/globalsupport.html>

Cheerio!
-slow

--