[Samba] [Fwd: Joining AD - wrong DNS name, wrong keytab]

Jan Zháňal jan.zhanal at invasys.com
Tue Oct 13 09:33:56 UTC 2020

Thank you for input!

UPN is set OK - client.base.example.com (as it is specified in join
command).

SPN is not. And it is as well confusing - I can provide UPN, but cannot
say what will be in SPN.

But if this is working as designed, I cease any questions.

The DNS setup is done to easily distinguish between servers and cliens
mainly as well as other services.

J.