[Samba] Are those file and folder ACLs to be expected?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Oct 13 09:27:59 UTC 2020

On 13/10/2020 10:10, Z Z wrote:
> Greetings Rowland.
>
> The NAS we have does not allow SSH connections, only a web interface
> for management and therefore I'm unable to provide the conf file.
> The group "users" is actually named "artists" and it's created by me.
> I needed a group with a simpler name.
>
> The version of Samba is 4.10.4.
> Let me know if there's anything else I can provide and could be of help.

Without being able to see the smb.conf from the NAS, I can only comment
on what I can see.

You have a few parameters set in your DC smb.conf that you do not need,
especially if you are not using it as a fileserver and it isn't
recommended to use a DC as a fileserver.

You have a line missing from you Linux client smb.conf:

idmap config * : range = ????-????

Where '????-????' is a numerical range different from the Domain range.

You mention that you are using NFS for the Linux clients and SMB for the
Windows clients, I hope that you are not sharing the NFS exports via SMB
as well, this is not recommended.

Rowland