[Samba] Lookup sid with libsmbclient (invoked from c# on mono)

Vincent Le Toux vincent.letoux at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 13:09:32 UTC 2020

I'm trying to port PingCastle (which is an AD audit tool -
https://www.pingcastle.com/download) from Windows to Linux.
The program being written in c#, I've no other solution than calling native
libraries.
(the mono framework is missing critical components)

It uses SMB / LDAP / RPC calls to collect its information.
Here is the current state:
LDAP: openldap with simplebind (no benefit yet of winbind) => OK
RPC: smbclient for finding a DC, work in progress to resolve SID (found in
security descriptors) => WIP
SMB: not tested yet => WIP

Right now, I'm stuck at resolving SID and I'm looking for a practical
solution.

br
Vincent

Le lun. 12 oct. 2020 à 14:06, Rowland penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org>
a écrit :

> On 12/10/2020 12:57, Vincent Le Toux via samba wrote:
> > Thanks Aurélien
> >
> > Can you point to me how I can start LDAP connection using winbind ?
> > I'm using ldap_simple_bind so far so there is no use of winbind in it.
> >
> > I'll be happy also if you can point me to the winbind API where you can
> > input login / password
>
> I have no idea just what you are hoping to achieve, but it is seemingly
> possible without authentication as 'wbinfo -n ACCOUNT_NAME' returns the
> accounts SID. So try looking at the wbinfo code.
>
> Rowland
>

> --

---
Vincent