[Samba] Naming violation: objectClass: myObjectClass not a valid child class for <>

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Oct 11 16:23:41 UTC 2020

On 11/10/2020 17:04, RhineDevil wrote:
> Because well, GNU Name Service Switch still relies on these functions and I wanted to back this with LDAP as well
> So how would you suggest fixing this?
> Could having multiple ipServiceProtocol fields be just enough?

How are you going to back this with LDAP and why would you want to ?

If you want/need redundancy, run multiple Samba AD DC's

The migration tools you are running are about twenty years old at least
and seem to made to migrate users, groups, aliases, hosts, netgroups,
networks, protocols, RPCs, and services to ldap.

These are already available in AD, perhaps not in that precise format,
but they are all available.

As for your idea of one DN and multiple attributes, whilst this may be
theoretically possible (if the attributes are not single valued) but how
would you tie the port to the protocol ?

Your best idea will be to work with AD and not to fight with it.

Rowland