[Samba] userou= question

Robert Wooden wdn2420systm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 12:59:12 UTC 2020

Yes, thank you for the guidance.

Regarding "*You do not put the users password here (if that is what you are
trying to do): --password=PASSWORD1*"

My experience has been this, no matter where I put "--password=" in the
string, after the "user" as the manpage suggests or the end. When I run the
create string I am asked for a "New Password:' and then "Retype Password:".
Which is fine by me, I want a different password for the test users anyway.
Hence, in  testing I just left the --password at the end of the string
because it did not seem to matter, Samba still asked to enter New and
Retype New.

Regarding "*--home-drive=M: (note the ':' at the end)*" thanks, it makes
sense to add the colon. But, I will comment that on the W10 side the "M" by
itself is working fine.

Finally regarding the userou=. At this point I have a very simple, *almost
default* ou structure. I have added only a "CompanyName OU" and two (2)
subOU's of the "CompanyName OU", they are "DmnMmbrs-folder-redirection" and
"DmnMmbrUsers". Only "DmnMmbrs-folder-redirection" have any GPO's applied
to it.

I have tried the same order of OU's you suggest (yes, with the single
quotation marks and no spaces in the OU's) and as well have reversed the
order of the OU's. Both sequences failed, as my previous email indicated.
So, yes, as I read the manpage and it should work in the manner you suggest
but, it does not.

What else do you need to know? Log files? (If so, please which ones?)