[Samba] Mail samba

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Oct 10 13:34:57 UTC 2020

On 10/10/2020 14:20, Philip Offermans wrote:
> I have 2 samba servers. A domain controller, and a domain member.
>
> Domain controller(GAIA):
>
> /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1       localhost
> 192.168.88.2    gaia.rompen.lokaal gaia
> ::1             localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
> ff02::1         ip6-allnodes
> ff02::2         ip6-allrouters
>
> 127.0.1.1       gaia
I would remove the '127.0.1.1' from /etc/hosts, ensure whatever requires
it isn't using port 53 on 127.0.0.1 and that 192.168.88.2 is a fixed
ipaddress for gaia

> Firewall is turned of atm. And yes something is running on that port.
> I am going to look for what it is. I also have a ntp-server running.
> And ntp and dns are synced between all device on the network via the
> DHCP-network settings. So the domain member has gaia as dns and ntp.
You need to find whatever is running on port 389, only Samba should be
using this port.

> Domain Member(DNA):
> /etc/samba/smb.conf
> [global]
>   netbios name = DNA
>   workgroup = ROMPEN
>   security = ADS
>   realm = ROMPEN.LOKAAL
>   encrypt passwords = yes
>
>   acl allow execute always = yes
>
>   idmap config *:backend = tdb
>   idmap config *:range = 3000-7999
>   idmap config ROMPEN:backend = rid
>   #idmap config ROMPEN:schema_mode = rfc2307
>   idmap config ROMPEN:range = 10000-40000
>
>   winbind refresh tickets = Yes
>   vfs objects = acl_xattr
>   map acl inherit = Yes
>   store dos attributes = Yes
>
>   dedicated keytab file = /etc/krb5.keytab
>   kerberos method = secrets and keytab
>
>   winbind use default domain = yes
>
>   winbind enum users = yes
>   winbind enum groups = yes
>
>   username map = /etc/samba/user.map
>   dedicated keytab file = /etc/krb5.keytab
>   kerberos method = secrets and keytab
>
>   vfs objects = acl_xattr
>   map acl inherit = Yes
>   store dos attributes = Yes
>
>   username map = /etc/samba/user.map
>
>   admin users = administrator

You appear to have multiple duplicate lines (unless it is a cut&paste error)
> [share]
>        path = /data/share
>        read only = no
>
> [users]
>    path = /data/home
>    read only = no
>
> [philip]
>        path = /data/philip
>        read only = no
>
> /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1 localhost
> 192.168.88.3 dna.rompen.lokaal dna
> ::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
> fe00::0 ip6-localnet
> ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
> ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
> ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
> ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
>
> (The ip6 addresses are from docker)
'docker' ???
> Firewall is turned off.
>
> The ldapsearch was from DNA(domain member)
>
> Maybe it is easier to solve this problem via phone.

Sorry, only help via this mailing list :-)

Rowland