[Samba] creating and copying users

Robert Wooden wdn2420systm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 15:52:42 UTC 2020

Rowland,
I remember now, you and I have been here before and I have lost the email.

Due to the manner that linux handles backslashes "\" users need to
backslash *around* the backslash you need for W10 like so, "\\\\FQDN" to
get "\FQDN" on the W10 path?

Therefore, the following is what I want:
 "--profile-path=\\dtmbr04.ad.dtntwk.work\profiles\sttest11
--home-directory=\\dtmbr04.ad.dtntwk.work\users\sttest11"

So I need to send this: "
--profile-path=\\\\dtmbr04.ad.dtntwk.work\\\profiles\\\sttest11.V6
--home-directory=\\\\dtmbr04.ad.dtntwk.work\\\users\\\sttest11"

Did my brain remember correctly?