[Samba] creating and copying users

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Oct 9 15:20:43 UTC 2020

If you use windows ADUC, i do recommend to this on Win7PC.
Because thats the only way (for now) that
automaticly sets the last used UID/GID +1 for the next user.

- Create user in ADUC
- If backend AD is used (as your do)
    set UID/GID and Homedir (the linux path) and shell
- Now add userHome and userProfile in ADUC.
     \\server.fqdn\users\%username%
     \\server.fqdn\profiles\%username%

The user homedir is now created. (when you klik Apply/Ok)

The user profiles will be created when you logout a PC.

I hope that helps a bit.
But yes, a full setup without windows tools, is what im working to myself also.

On the point, some folders are created, some not.
Thats because you
- Create user in ADUC
- Now add userHome and userProfile in ADUC.
     \\server.fqdn\users\%username%
     \\server.fqdn\profiles\%username%

- set UID/GID and Homedir (the linux path) and shell

You MUST set UID/GID before you apply in ADUC for the userhomedir and profile dir.

I hope this helps a bit.  ( at least for now )

Have a great weekend.

Greetz,

Louis