[Samba] Is Samba unable to resolve secodary group membership?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Oct 8 08:41:07 UTC 2020

On 08/10/2020 08:51, Michael Schwarz via samba wrote:

> Hi Rowland,
>
> thanks for your reply. I have postet the output from "net conf list"
> as the /etc/samba/smb.conf is rather short:
>
> [root at lus-gw-1 ~]# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
> [global]
>   clustering = yes
>   include = registry

That explains the lack 'clustering = yes'

> The setup at our university is not quite trivial. I can understand
> that. I'll try to explain it again in a different way:

Lets see if I understand this, you have one kerberos domain for the
Linux machines and another kerberos domain for the Windows machines, you
have virtually the same users and groups in both. Why two domains, why
not just use the AD for both ? This would make your setup trivial. I
feel this is probably all down to department politics.

Not that this has anything to do with myself (I am not a German tax
payer), or probably your problem.

Rowland