[Samba] CTDB Question w/ Winbind

Robert Buck robert.buck at som.com
Wed Oct 7 18:53:40 UTC 2020

That (L/REC) master approach by setting LN to be those for their data, but
no other region be enabled for lmaster or recmaster, WAY faster. 8s for
100x 10MiB files. Also, several other types of operations in Windows are
now faster. Would love to discuss more, if you have time. At this point, we
have a possible geo-distributed deployment architecture. Would love to find
a couple more optimizations to provide additional headroom, knowing full
well we have more than 1000 employees that will access different shards of
data (shares).

--

BOB BUCK
SENIOR PLATFORM SOFTWARE ENGINEER