[Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.12.8 Available for Download

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Wed Oct 7 08:34:00 UTC 2020

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of the Samba 4.12 release series.

Changes since 4.12.7
--------------------

o  Günther Deschner <gd at samba.org>
   * BUG 14318: docs: Add missing winexe manpage.

o  Volker Lendecke <vl at samba.org>
   * BUG 14465: idmap_ad does not deal properly with a RFC4511 section 4.4.1
     response.

o  Laurent Menase <laurent.menase at hpe.com>
   * BUG 14388: winbind: Fix a memleak.

o  Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org>
   * BUG 14465: idmap_ad does not deal properly with a RFC4511 section 4.4.1
     response.
   * BUG 14482: Compilation of heimdal tree fails if libbsd is not installed.

o  Christof Schmitt <cs at samba.org>
   * BUG 14166: util: Allow symlinks in directory_create_or_exist.

o  Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org>
   * BUG 14399: waf: Only use gnutls_aead_cipher_encryptv2() for GnuTLS >
     3.6.14.
   * BUG 14467: s3:smbd: Fix %U substitutions if it contains a domain name.

o  Martin Schwenke <martin at meltin.net>
   * BUG 14466: ctdb disable/enable can fail due to race condition.

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the Samba 4.1 and newer product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6F33915B6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

        https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.12.8.html

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy