[Samba] SID security

Robert Wooden wdn2420systm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 16:28:53 UTC 2020

No, no, you are misunderstanding.

The data (srv/samba/*) of domain users, stored on the member server are
backed up by BackupPC, not the OS or Samba settings.

Should something go wrong with the member server OS, the OS is backed up
with Clonezilla, as an image. (Like upgrading to v4.13.0 too soon.) But,
complicating restoring the OS, I had lost a hard drive that stored the OS
(Clonezilla) image. So, I had to rebuild the OS from bare metal. User data
is still over there on BackupPC and I can restore after I get all
permissions set correctly per user.