[Samba] Kerberos ticket lifetime

cn at brain-biotech.de cn at brain-biotech.de
Fri Oct 2 14:44:59 UTC 2020

On 02.10.20 14:27, Rowland penny via samba wrote:

> I read that, about as much use as a chocolate fireguard if you want to
> use winbind. pam_sss (or whatever it is called) is just a wrapper around
> sssd and you cannot usee sssd with winbind, Red-Hat tells you this!

Hi Rowland, this was true for Centos7 but for 8 it works fine without
pam_krb5.

If you have access you can see this here:

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/4256011

Basically you just run:

authselect select winbind --force

I can report this works with winbind in samba 4.12.6.

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Unit Head Bioprocess Development

B.R.A.I.N Aktiengesellschaft
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.com, homepage www.brain-biotech.com
fon +49-6251-9331-30  /   fax +49-6251-9331-11

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender),
Lukas Linnig
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen