[Samba] Kerberos ticket lifetime

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Oct 2 09:25:18 UTC 2020

On 01/10/2020 21:46, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> On 01/10/2020 21:23, Jason Keltz via samba wrote:
>>

>> Okay - I guess the failure of kdc: lines in smb.conf is a bug.
>>
>> Let's wait and see what happens with your ticket after 10 hours.
>> Maybe there's a bug there as well.
> It will be in the middle of the night here, so I will report back in
> the morning, but if it is a bug (not refreshing, that is), then it is
> an RHEL one, it works on Debian.

OK, I still have a valid kerberos ticket, it just doesn't seem to have
been refreshed when I expected :-\

Old ticket:

Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_10000
Default principal: rowland at SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM

Valid starting     Expires            Service principal
01/10/20 15:34:44  02/10/20 01:34:44
krbtgt/SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM at SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM
     renew until 08/10/20 15:34:44
01/10/20 15:34:44  02/10/20 01:34:44  CEN8$@SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM
     renew until 08/10/20 15:34:44

New ticket:

Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_10000

Valid starting     Expires            Service principal
02/10/20 06:41:20  02/10/20 16:41:20
krbtgt/SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM at SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM
     renew until 08/10/20 15:41:17

Rowland