[Samba] Windows 2016 RSAT not connect with samba4 DC

cn at brain-biotech.de cn at brain-biotech.de
Mon Nov 30 17:59:08 UTC 2020

> I think you will need to run 'dnf remove sssd', this will remove sssd.
> You need to decide if you want to do this. You also need to understand
> that you cannot use sssd with winbind because sssd uses its own versions
> of some of the winbind libs. It is either winbind or sssd, not both.
>
> Red-Hat, on RHEL8, seemingly wants you to use FreeIPA instead of Samba,
> they have replaced libpam-krb5 with a version built into sssd, Openldap
> has been removed along with smbldap-tools (not that the latter will
> really be missed)
>
> So, it boils down to, what do you use Samba for ? you are using it as an
> AD DC, so my advice is to stop using sssd. Whether you do this by
> removing sssd or using a different OS, is up to you.

Hi Rowland,

you can use winbind with CEntos8 see these (with and without sssd). YOu
need to log in but the account is free. However I included the Headers
to show the Redhad supports winbind.

How to configure a Samba server with SSSD in RHEL with Winbind handling
AD Join
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/3802321

How to join Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 to Active Directory using Winbind
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/4290501

I'll send you the pdfs off-list.

This is working for us and we also can use ADUC.

Regards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Vice President

B.R.A.I.N Aktiengesellschaft
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.com, homepage www.brain-biotech.com
phone +49-6251-9331-30 / fax +49-6251-9331-11

Subscribe to BRAIN's Newsletter:
http://www.brain-biotech.com/de/newsletter

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender),
Lukas Linnig
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen