[Samba] Windows 2016 RSAT not connect with samba4 DC

Jonathon Reinhart jonathon.reinhart at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 01:47:13 UTC 2020

> >   I said in my email, from the same server I be connected to another samba4.
> >   Why I can connect to an samba4 (4.11.4) ADDC and to the other DC (4.13.2) not?
> >
> RSAT now requires web services, but Samba does not have web services, so
> RSAT on the latest Windows does not work with a Samba AD DC.

Rowland,

Yes, some Microsoft AD tools have moved to using AD Web Services, but
the OP is asking about Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC). To
my knowledge, that does not use AD Web Services; I'm running the
latest version of the RSAT tools on my Windows 10 client and using it
to administer Samba AD DCs.

I think the OP has another issue.

Jonathon