[Samba] Windows 2016 RSAT not connect with samba4 DC

Rommel Rodriguez Toirac rommelrt at nauta.cu
Fri Nov 27 20:42:28 UTC 2020

El 27 de noviembre de 2020 14:14:57 GMT-05:00, Michael Howard via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> escribió:
>On 27/11/2020 17:31, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
>> On 27/11/2020 17:25, Rommel Rodriguez Toirac wrote:

>but
>and
>is

>>>   I do not follow you or do not understand you...
>>>
>>>   I said in my email, from the same server I be connected to another
>
>>> samba4.
>>>   Why I can connect to an samba4 (4.11.4) ADDC and to the other DC
>>> (4.13.2) not?
>>>
>> RSAT now requires web services, but Samba does not have web services,
>
>> so RSAT on the latest Windows does not work with a Samba AD DC.
>>
>> Is that clear enough ?
>>

>Ooh, I must remember not to ask any questions :)
>
>Especially if English is not my first language, which it is, so I could
>
>probably work out that why 'Web services isn't running on the Samba DC'
>:)

Thanks for answer me and to Rowland.
I understand well now, thanks.
But, from Windows 2016 Server I do connect to samba4.

samba 4.11.2 (my actual ADDC) is management from this Windows 2016, but is impossible to connect to a samba 4.13.2 (an adicional DC)
To one yes and to another not. Thit is my question?

--
Rommel Rodriguez Toirac
rommelrt at nauta.cu