[Samba] Floating IP breaks AD replication

Johannes Engel jcnengel+samba at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 18:07:50 UTC 2020

Hi Rowland,

your advice is much appreciated, but this is a misunderstanding. DCs are
used only for authentication and AD-based identity management. That
includes the standard services any DC offers, i.e. KRB5, LDAP etc.
Nonetheless, even those services need to be contacted by clients, and here
we use the model described in my post.

Best regards
Johannes