[Samba] Floating IP breaks AD replication

Johannes Engel jcnengel+samba at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 16:18:12 UTC 2020

Maybe this is a stupid idea, but what we are doing here is using just the
domain name for all sorts of services, i.e. LDAP.
So instead of pointing a client to dc1.somedom.contoso.com or
dc2.somedom.contoso.com, we point them to somedom.contoso.com which is then
resolved to both and the client can pick.

Best regards
Johannes