[Samba] NT_STATUS_FS_DRIVER_REQUIRED

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Nov 23 10:52:13 UTC 2020

On 23/11/2020 05:26, banda bassotti via samba wrote:
> Hi, I have installed a new dc:
>
> - debian buster
> - samba 4.13.2 from apt.van-belle.nl
>
> with the following configuration:
>
> [global]
>    dns forwarder = 192.168.1.3
>    netbios name = MARTE
>    realm = DOM.LAN
>    server role = active directory domain controller
>    workgroup = DOM
>    interfaces = 192.168.1.2,127.0.0.1
>    bind interfaces only = Yes
>
>    log level = 4
>    max log size = 50000
>
>    guest account = nobody
>    map to guest = Bad User
This is a DC, which is all about authentication, so why do you need
guest access ?

>    usershare path =
>
> [sysvol]
>    path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
>    read only = No
>
> [netlogon]
>    path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/defilippo.lan/scripts
Would you like to read the line above and then go 'DOH' 😂
>    read only = No
>
> [video]
>    path = /home/video
>    vfs objects = acl_xattr
You have turned of the required vfs object 'dfs_samba4', I would remove
the 'vfs objects' line.

> What does it mean  NT_STATUS_FS_DRIVER_REQUIRED ?
Not entirely sure, I think that error is coming from the kernel, what
filesystem are you using ?

Rowland