[Samba] winbind use default domain = yes doesn't work on Samba 4.13?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Nov 20 14:34:13 UTC 2020

On 20/11/2020 13:45, Jiří Černý via samba wrote:
> Yes.
> In the first name, I wrote DOMAIN, but our real workgroup is SVMETAL,
> as you cas see in smb.conf.

OK, 4.13.2 with 'winbind use default domain = yes' works for myself and
there isn't anything really wrong with your smb.conf, but there was this:

So, we have user dmu60evo in our domain, but on client machine, we are
not able to use username in format DOMAIN\dmu60evo. So we have to use
winbind use default domain = yes.

Why can you not use 'DOMAIN\dmu60evo' ?
Is dmu60evo a local Unix user as well as being in AD ?

Rowland