[Samba] Error Upgrading Schema

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Nov 18 23:34:29 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-11-18 at 23:12 +0000, Matthew Delfino Samba List via samba
wrote:

> There is only one thing that concerns me: One of the attributes
> specified in the Samba script has a parameter whose value directly
> contradicts the value specified in my old ldif file:

Well done with the analysis!

> In Samba script:
>
>   dn: CN=ms-DS-Claim-Shares-Possible-Values-
> With,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=X
>
>   isSingleValued: FALSE
>

> In my ldif file:
>
>   dn: cn=ms-DS-Claim-Shares-Possible-Values-
> With,cn=Schema,cn=Configuration,dc=X
>
>   isSingleValued: TRUE
>

> If left unaltered, I wonder if this condition is going to lead to
> mayhem?

Not until we implement whatever uses that (probably Windows 2012 R2
Functional level) and only if you want to have more than one of that
thing.

> Having said all of that, if I simply comment out all these attributes
> I found, I suspect the schema upgrade may complete. If I'm right and
> the syntax differences noted above are unimportant, and the
> parameters that were missing from my ldif don't matter, I am left
> only with the "isSingleValued" difference in "ms-DS-Claim-Shares-
> Possible-Values-With".
>

> Do you think this is going to come back to bite me? Is there some
> "legal" way to alter that parameter's value?

Yes, just alter it like any other attribute, but with the option set to
allow schema changes (see the schema page).

> As usual, I appreciate you and any time you will kindly take to
> consider and answer my question.

You seem to be understanding the issue and solution well.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org