[Samba] changes on DC not replicated, while showrepl reports no issues

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Nov 17 14:48:24 UTC 2020

On 17/11/2020 13:12, cn--- via samba wrote:
> Am 17.11.20 um 13:20 schrieb mj via samba:
>
>>> ,---
>>> CN=DC2,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=samba,DC=company,DC=com

>>> CN=DC3,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=samba,DC=company,DC=com
>>>
>>> source ||,-
>>> CN=DC4,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=samba,DC=company,DC=com
>>>
>>> CN=DC2,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=samba,DC=company,DC=com
>>> 011
>>> CN=DC3,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=samba,DC=company,DC=com
>>> 101
>>> CN=DC4,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=samba,DC=company,DC=com
>>> --0
>>
>> I hope formatting survives.
>>
>> ABove it says: "no connection" for DOMAIN from DC4 to DC3 / DC2.
>>

> We also have some Links with "no connection". So what I would like to
> know what other have here.
>
> Also we do not have any replication problems like the OP. ldapcmp says
> everything is fine.
>
> Regards
>
> Christian

OK, after digging into the code, it seems that the 'Unknown invocation
ID' lines are pretty meaning less, they come from here:

         try:
             settings_dn = str(res[0]["distinguishedName"][0])
             prefix, dsa_dn = settings_dn.split(',', 1)
         except IndexError as e:
             print("Unknown invocation ID %s" % inv_id,
                   file=sys.stderr)
             continue

The Unknown invocation ID's appear to be artefacts of a DC being
replaced and are pretty meaningless. Just about the only use I can see
for printing it, is to scare the life out of users 😂

As you can see, right after printing the ID, it just continues to the
next ID, perhaps the print part of the code needs removing ?

It appears that the important lines are the last 5

Rowland