[Samba] Joining Samba to Upgraded 2003 domain failing

Travis Wenks travis at rosecitysolutions.com
Mon Nov 16 23:41:57 UTC 2020

Hi Rowland

I am trying to follow the article but am having the error. That's why I am
trying to clean up this bad subdomain.
I don't know if these lists allow image attachments.
So I uploaded a screenshot here.
https://ibb.co/Ct3BLjL

I built a new domain for this problem in our lab. The domain listed with #1
is the one created by the domain provision.
However the one listed with the #2 is an example of the sub domain that I
need to delete.
As is pointed out in the article, in our live environment there is a
subdomain labeled _msdcs where the #2 is pointed.
This is in addition to the one that a new samba domain creates.

I guess the issue that I am facing is that I get an error trying to follow
the article.
This is using RSAT
https://ibb.co/C1TJBG7

I just don't know how to do this in samba-tool or in any other methods.

Thanks