[Samba] How to read NTFS ADS (alternate data steams) using libsmbclient?

赵晶 yingmu1983 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 09:00:56 UTC 2020

Hi Samba team,

We have a Windows SMB share which contains some files with ADS (alternate
data streams). In our client C/C++ code that runs on a Linux client, we
want to retrieve the list of ADS of a file and download all the streams,
similar to what is provided by smbclient's interactive session (allinfo,
get).

But as we evaluate libsmbclient (as we'd like to do above in code), we
don't find any such API w.r.t ADS. The closest is an API to get extended
attributes, which is not ADS.

http://mrs.suzu841.com/dox/samba_doxygen/group__libsmbclient.html

Is there a way to query/read data streams using libsmbclient? Any
suggestion is welcome.

Thanks,
Jing