[Samba] Thunderbird, CSC and files/folder...

Norbert Hanke norbert.hanke at gmx.ch
Thu Nov 12 19:41:28 UTC 2020

Hi,

In my experience Thunderbird does not work on a directory that has
CSC/offline files in use without major problems.

We use shares that have no offline caching in use for Thunderbird
profiles, and those work only when the user is online.

Whent that is not an option: put your profile on %localappdata% with no
synchronization at all. As long as you access mail only via imap (no
pop3) and you have no local folders, that profile serves only as a cache
and you don't lose anything when it gets lost. It only takes a bit more
time to update the cache when you go online.

Regards,
Norbert