[Samba] nfs root kerberos

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Nov 12 13:17:22 UTC 2020

On 11/11/2020 10:54, Jason Keltz via samba wrote:
> Hi Louis,
> I've looked into that and I'm not sure how this would be done?
> By the way, even with your NFS translation fix (which doesn't work for me because gssproxy), do you do this before accessing root files..?
> sudo root
> kinit -k 'host$'

OK, after a bit of a battle, I now have a Centos 7 Unix domain member
mounting an NFS share from a Devuan NFS4 server.

The actual mount wasn't a problem, it was getting the NFS server to work 😮

I used Samba AD DC's for the authentication, a Unix domain member as the
NFS server and a Centos 7 Unix domain member as the NFS client. I did
minimal setup on the Centos machine.

Rowland