[Samba] Getting CTDB dbstatistics in csv format?

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Thu Nov 12 09:46:26 UTC 2020

Hi Bob,

On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 08:10:28 -0500, Robert Buck via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Folks, thank you for being so helpful.
>
> I can't quite figure out the exact command line to get ctdb
> dbstatistics for the locking.tdb in CSV format. How do you do this?
>
> [root at use1-samba-server-c25-use1-01 ec2-user]# ctdb -X --separator=,
> dbstatistics locking.tdb --help
>
> Usage: [OPTION...]

> [...]

>   -Y                       enable machine readable output
>
>   -x, --separator=CHAR     specify separator for machine readable output
>
>   -X                       enable machine parsable output with separator |

>  [...]

> No matter where I put "-X -x ," in the command line, it just displays in
> non-machine readable format.
>
> Thoughts?

Unfortunately it appears that machine readable output has never been
implemented in the ctdb tool.  :-(

With some seriousness I ask: how is your C programming?  :-)
This one would be a fairly simple change to the tool, using
print_statistics_machine() as a model.  If that's not something you can
do then I can add it to my todo list.

To get this backported to stable releases it would have to be
considered a bug.  To get that process started, can you please open a
bug at https://bugzilla.samba.org/?

Thanks...

peace & happiness,
martin