[Samba] Error Upgrading Schema

Matthew Delfino Samba List mdelfino.list.samba at KNOCKinc.com
Tue Nov 10 22:27:24 UTC 2020

Hello,

Since responses were not forthcoming, I started looking for plausible explanations that might be unique to my company's setup. A few years ago, we imported ldif schema files to support directory integrations with Kerio Connect server. The attribute "msDS-MembersOfResourcePropertyList" was included in one of those ldif files.

Since we no longer require directory integration with Kerio Connect, my inclination is to remove this custom schema. If anyone has suggestions on how to safely remove schema alterations from Samba, I'd greatly appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll do my own research, see if and how I can remove this custom schema from my installation.

Whatever I find I'll be sure to report back to the forum in case, however unlikely, another administrator finds themselves in a similar situation.

Thanks,
Matthew

On 2020.11.06, 8:48 PM, "Matthew Delfino Samba List via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

    Thanks for taking a shot at helping me, Rowland. I found that someone had made this suggestion for another person in the past, so I ran this command before reaching out on Monday:

    > ldbsearch -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb -b "CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,$(echo "DC=$(hostname -d)" | sed 's/\./,DC=/g')" -s base objectVersion | grep 'objectVersion' | awk '{print $NF}'

    (Which is just a fancier way to precisely carve down to the version number.)

    Back then, it gave me "47."

    I ran it again today, and now it says, "My value is still 47... alas."

    Any other suggestions?

    Again, I appreciate your time.

    Matthew

    On 2020.11.06, 9:26 AM, "samba on behalf of Rowland penny via samba" <samba-bounces at lists.samba.org on behalf of samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

        On 06/11/2020 14:43, Matthew Delfino Samba List via samba wrote:
        >      Hello!
        >
        >      I just upgraded from Samba v4.10.9 to v4.11.15. The upgrade seems to have gone smoothly. As part of major release maintenance, I ran the following command on my schema master DC:
        >
        >      > samba-tool domain schemaupgrade
        >
        >      Do you have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? My schema is already on version 47.

        It looks like your schema is already at '69', try running this:

        ldbsearch -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb -b
        'cn=Schema,cn=Configuration,dc=samdom,dc=example,dc=com' -s base
        objectVersion

        Altered for your setup.

        Rowland

    © 2020 KNOCK, inc. All rights reserved. KNOCK, inc, is a registered trademark of KNOCK, inc. This message and any attachments contain information, which is confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information. Please be aware that such actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, kindly notify the sender by e-mail. Your cooperation is appreciated.