[Samba] ctdb error after upgrade to 4.12.10

Sachin Prabhu sprabhu at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 14:54:07 UTC 2020

On Tue, 2020-11-10 at 07:41 +1300, Andrew Bartlett via samba wrote:

> To lock this down properly we might need to put (#include) the vfs
> module into a cmocka test, mocking the various gluster calls so we
> cover these codepaths.

We do test this automatically using the samba-integration project at
https://github.com/gluster/samba-integration
This includes a Samba-CTDB setup using GlusterFS. This includes the
latest version of GlusterFS with Samba-CTDB. This particular issue of
the write-behind data corruption was caught through this testing
infrastructure.

However since the latest versions of Glusterfs we use does contain the
passthrough option, we never call this code path for checking the
volfile of the GlusterFS cluster in our test environment. This is a
weekness we need to address.

We are also working to increasing the number of tests we run in the
environment and I am working through the test failures we see with
other smb2 smbtorture tests.

Sachin Prabhu