[Samba] nfs root kerberos

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Nov 9 21:19:02 UTC 2020

On 09/11/2020 21:05, Jason Keltz via samba wrote:

> Seems I misunderstood again...
No problem, anything is hard when you start and it is very easy to make
mistakes 😁
> Yes - soon to be several hundred mounting home directories, various
> software and other stuff over NFS.  That's why I'm doing this. The NFS
> part is all working perfectly actually except for root access.
Then we need Louis, I just use CIFS and as I said, he uses it i
production and could probably set NFS up in his sleep 😂

>> All of our users have uid > 1000. <1000 would be OS provided users.

Then I suggest you never forget your root password (I hope you are using
a different one on each Unix machine) and never have problems with root,
or you will have to fix things from a live CD. 😭

Rowland