[Samba] samba's ldap

Dan Egli dan at newideatest.site
Sun Nov 8 07:13:56 UTC 2020

On Sunday, November 08, 2020 12:00 AM MST, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 2020-11-08 at 06:45 +0000, Dan Egli via samba wrote:
> > Since samba doesn't use openldap for AD DC mode, is it possible to directly read from/write to samba's LDAP from 3rd party programs? I want to ensure that I can keep user information consistent across multiple databases.
>
> Yes, just like an OpenLDAP server, you can access our LDAP server.  The
> big differences are:
> - the AD schema and layout
> - authentication is required for all operations.

Since I've never used LDAP before, can you point me to a good source for the schema and how to access data within it?  I understand things like MySQL easy enough. But since I need to reconcile data between MySQL and Samba's LDAP, I need to be sure I understand how Samba's LDAP is laid out and how you'd access it externally.

Thanks!
--
Dan Egli