[Samba] Error Upgrading Schema

Matthew Delfino Samba List mdelfino.list.samba at KNOCKinc.com
Fri Nov 6 14:43:45 UTC 2020

I'm wondering if anyone can make any suggestions? Rowland? Andrew? Even if it's just to suggest a framework for troubleshooting on my own?

I really appreciate any time you can spare.

Matthew

On 2020.11.02, 5:59 PM, "samba on behalf of Matthew Delfino Samba List via samba" <samba-bounces at lists.samba.org on behalf of samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

    Hello!

    I just upgraded from Samba v4.10.9 to v4.11.15. The upgrade seems to have gone smoothly. As part of major release maintenance, I ran the following command on my schema master DC:

    > samba-tool domain schemaupgrade

    I get the following output:

    > Temporarily overriding 'dsdb:schema update allowed' setting
    > Patched Sch49.ldf using /usr/share/samba/setup/adprep/WindowsServerDocs/Sch49.ldf.diff
    > Patched Sch50.ldf using /usr/share/samba/setup/adprep/WindowsServerDocs/Sch50.ldf.diff
    > Patched Sch51.ldf using /usr/share/samba/setup/adprep/WindowsServerDocs/Sch51.ldf.diff
    > Patched Sch57.ldf using /usr/share/samba/setup/adprep/WindowsServerDocs/Sch57.ldf.diff
    > Patched Sch59.ldf using /usr/share/samba/setup/adprep/WindowsServerDocs/Sch59.ldf.diff
    > Applying Sch48.ldf updates...
    > Exception: (68, 'Entry CN=ms-DS-Members-Of-Resource-Property-List,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=samdom,DC=mycompany,DC=com already exists')
    > Encountered while trying to apply the following LDIF
    > dn: CN=ms-DS-Members-Of-Resource-Property-List,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=samdom,DC=mycompany,DC=com
    changetype: add
    > objectClass: attributeSchema
    > ldapDisplayName: msDS-MembersOfResourcePropertyList
    > adminDisplayName: ms-DS-Members-Of-Resource-Property-List
    > adminDescription: For a resource property list object, this multi-valued link attribute points to one or more resource property objects.
    > attributeId: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.2103
    > attributeSyntax: 2.5.5.1
    > omSyntax: 127
    > isSingleValued: FALSE
    > systemOnly: FALSE
    > searchFlags: 0
    > omObjectClass:: KwwCh3McAIVK
    > schemaIdGuid:: ERw3Ta1MQUyK0rGAqyvRPA==
    > linkID: 2180
    > showInAdvancedViewOnly: TRUE
    > systemFlags: 16

    > Exception: (68, 'Entry CN=ms-DS-Members-Of-Resource-Property-List,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=samdom,DC=mycompany,DC=com already exists')
    > Error encountered, aborting schema upgrade
    > ERROR: Failed to upgrade schema

    Do you have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? My schema is already on version 47.

    Thank you for your time,
    Matthew
    © 2020 KNOCK, inc. All rights reserved. KNOCK, inc, is a registered trademark of KNOCK, inc. This message and any attachments contain information, which is confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information. Please be aware that such actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, kindly notify the sender by e-mail. Your cooperation is appreciated.