[Samba] Samba 3.6 member server auth problems after DC upgrade 2012 R2 -> 2019

Pim Zandbergen pim at zandbergen.org
Thu Nov 5 17:47:25 UTC 2020

For the record, most likely the issue was caused by the fact that
Kerberos in Server 2019 no longer supports RC4.
Very likely, Samba 3.6 depends on that.

The issue was easily fixed by replacing the samba RPM's with the samba4
RPM's that are available in CentOS 6.
Samba is now on version 4.2.10 which works just fine as a drop-in
replacement.

I am now demoting the 2012 R2 DC I introduced temporarily.